The Van Meter Bulldogs (10-0) will take on the South Central Calhoun Titans (9-1) this Saturday, November 14th at 9:00 AM in Cedar Falls at the UNI-Dome.
(Information for tickets and media coverage are included below.)
Van Meter qualified for the playoffs as the champions of Class 1A District #8. The Bulldogs advanced to the Semifinals with a 36-0 win over AC/GC in the 2nd Round, a 49-23 win over Pella Christian in the 3rd Round and a 33-14 victory over Underwood in the Quarterfinals.
South Central Calhoun qualified for the playoffs as the runner-up of Class 1A District #2. The Titans advanced to the Semifinals with a 46-7 win over Sioux Central in the 1st Round, a 30-22 victory over Dike-New Hartford in the 2nd Round, a 20-8 win over South Hamilton in the 3rd Round, and a 26-6 win over Southeast Valley in the Quarterfinals.
Schedules, playoff brackets, and scores are available at www.iahsaa.org.
Current state playoff information (brackets, times, spectator information, media credentials, tv/live stream coverage, etc.) can be found at the IHSAA State Playoff Central page: https://www.iahsaa.org/football/state-playoffs-central/
Van Meter is the designated home team so our fans will sit on the east side of the Dome. And more importantly, the east side (home side) of the UNI-Dome has sections A through K for when you order tickets.
Come on out and support your Bulldogs!
Please follow us on Twitter: @VMFootball_
Tickets are available for purchase on-line through the UNI-Dome ticket office. There is a special code (VMBulldogs) for our fans to use to purchase tickets online. Please read all the information below for ordering tickets for the UNI-Dome.
Here is the online link for Van Meter fans: https://unitix.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/SEGetEventList?groupCode=DOME&linkID=twuni
- Enter the promo code: VMBulldogs in the “Promo Code” box & click “GO”
- CLICK ON “SELECT YOUR PRICE LEVEL”.
- THEN CLICK ON “E-HOME” FOR HOME TEAM SIDE.
Family & Fans, please be sure to select the
School Promo Price (Family & Fans)
- Complete the purchase and either select the mobile option or print your tickets at home.
- (It appears purchasing tickets in groups of 5-6 people sitting together is no longer possible even though the web site offers that as an option. If your group is larger than 4, you will need to check out multiple times and use a trial and error kind of approach until the online system allows you to purchase the correct number of seats. Finally, the seats will be assigned randomly, so it appears you are not able to select the specific seats or sections you’d like to sit in. Please contact the UNI Ticket office directly at 319-273-4849 with any ticketing issues. GO DAWGS!)
1) The price of the ticket is $12.50. $10 for admission and $2.50 for a facility fee.
2) Parking in and around the Dome is free this year compliments of the IHSAA.
3) Tickets are reserved. Once you have entered your password, you will be able to select how many tickets you want (Up to 6 at a time) and where you want to sit. The maximum number of tickets you can purchase is 6. However, you are free to go back in and order more tickets once you have logged out and then logged back in. PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU ARE PURCHASING TICKETS TO THE CORRECT CONTEST. There are handicap accessible tickets available.
4) Home Team sits on the east side and is in sections A through K
(Section B, is temporarily blocked off until we are told if the home team is going to have a pep band.)
5) All spectators will be required to wear a mask upon entering the UNI-Dome and while they are in the UNI-Dome.
6) The ticket is good for only the game you have purchased, so please make sure you order your ticket for the correct contest. You will be required to exit the UNI-Dome at the completion of the contest.
7) Spectators for games 2, 3, and 4 each day will not be permitted entrance into the UNI-Dome until ONE HOUR PRIOR TO GAME TIME. If your game starts at 12:30 PM, do not show up until 11:30 AM.
Football Media Coverage
From the Iowa High School Athletic Association:
Congratulations to your football team, school, and community on securing a berth in this week’s Iowa high school football semifinals at the UNI-Dome in Cedar Falls. The Iowa High School Athletic Association and its title sponsor, the Iowa Farm Bureau, are committed to providing the best experience possible for state tournament participants.
The Iowa High School Sports Network (IHSSN) holds the broadcast rights for several IHSAA championship events, including the football semifinals and finals, and offers various viewing platforms for each game.